Friday, November 11, 2016

Bodyguards of L.A. County Series by Cate Beauman @goddessfish @CateBeauman







AUTHOR INTERVIEW

  
Welcome, Kate!  Thanks for letting me take part in your tour.  It’s great to have this opportunity to find out more about you and your books.  😊


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

I’m a mom as well as an author, so I write when the kids are at school. Typically, I drop them off then get home and put in a six or seven hour day. If the words are flowing, my husband handles dinner so that I can keep going. Typically, I write for an hour or two on the weekends as well, but Saturday and Sunday are family time.



Does your significant other read your stuff?

I’m a very lucky lady! Not only is my husband a cutie, but he’s definitely my number one fan.  He has read my stuff several times! I think he might know my stories as well as I do. He’s a great critiquer, business manager, and PR master (when he’s not teaching Biological Sciences to high schoolers).



Plotter or Pantser? Why?

I’m a Type A all the way, so there’s no story without an initial outline. I allow myself to adjust and make changes as each plot starts to unfold, but I can’t imagine trying to share a five hundred-page adventure without my outlines to keep me on track. I’m in awe of those authors who can fly by the seat of their pants. I don’t know how they do it.



Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Music plays a HUGE part in my writing process. I typically listen to Pandora or Youtube while I create my stories and compile a collection of songs that I feel represent my characters or the situations they face as the novel unfolds. I can’t imagine telling a story without catchy tunes playing in the background.



What books have most influenced your life?

It seems kind of silly but I love Oh, The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss. Everything you’ll ever need to know about life is covered in the rhyming words of the great doctor. That’s my go-to book when I’m feeling bummed out or unsure. I also love Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I find that it’s easy to get caught up in the business side of writing. Ms. Gilbert’s book is a constant reminder of how important it is to stay in touch with the simple love of telling a good story.



What is your favorite meal?

I love eggplant parmesan. Throw in a crisp, colorful salad and a delicious piece of crusty garlic bread and you basically have heaven on a plate. 






Bodyguards of L.A. County Series
by Cate Beauman


GENRE: Romantic Suspense

BLURB:

Eleven Men Sworn To Protect. Eleven Women Who Change Everything.

The Close Protection Agents of Ethan Cooke Security are ready to risk it all for the safety of their clientele. What they don’t know is that they’re about to get more than they bargain for when they report for their latest assignments. Love and danger have a way of bringing people together in this dark, sexy, multi-award winning Romantic suspense series, the Bodyguards of L.A. County.



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

International bestselling author Cate Beauman is known for her full-length, action-packed romantic suspense series, The Bodyguards of L.A. County. Her novels have been nominated for the National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award, National Indie Excellence Award, Golden Quill Award, Writers Touch Award, and have been named Readers Favorite Five Star books. In 2015, JUSTICE FOR ABBY was selected as the Readers' Favorite International Book Award Gold Medalist, while SAVING SOPHIE took the Silver Medal. SAVING SOPHIE was also selected as the 2015 Readers Crown Award winner for Romantic Suspense and FALLING FOR SARAH received the silver medal for the 2014 Readers' Favorite Awards.

Cate makes her home in North Carolina with her husband, two boys, and their St. Bernards, Bear and Jack. Currently Cate is working on Deceiving Bella, the eleventh novel in her popular Bodyguards series.

For information on Cate's new releases, monthly giveaways, and upcoming events, sign up for her newsletter at: http://www.catebeauman.com/author/home.html#!newsletter-sign-up/c9td


You can follow Cate on Twitter @CateBeauman


Contact Cate

Amazon Author Page

BookBub


Social links:



GIVEAWAY
Cate Beauman will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments: