Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Need by S. L. Hannah @goddessfiish @sexlifehannah




INTERVIEW

Welcome!   Thanks for taking time out for this interview!!  How do you describe your writing style?
   
I really enjoy writing in first person, present tense. It allows me to get into the head of my main character, and it allows my readers to feel and experience every situation up close and personal. There is an intensity that the reader can’t escape, which especially makes The Need that much more…thrilling.

Do you use a pen name? If so, how did you come up with it?

S.L. Hannah is a pen name. I decided to go with a pen name for The Need because it was such a different genre (erotic thriller) from what I had been writing (women’s fiction/chick lit) that it was an opportunity to re-brand and I had been looking for that opportunity. My real name is very Eastern European; hard to pronounce and spell and I think it was hindering me in some ways when it came to marketing.

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

My significant other has always been very supportive, and we collaborated most on The Need. He’s a screenwriter and editor, and it’s inspiring to bounce ideas off him. My close family and friends have, for the most part, been supportive. Admittedly, I’ve gotten more low-key about new book announcements with them. I figure they can check stuff out online if they’re interested. In the beginning I was more vocal and they were more inquisitive because writing fiction was such a departure from my aviation career.

Do you have critique partners or beta readers?

My husband is one of my best critique partners because of his background in writing. I sent a somewhat final draft manuscript of The Need to eight beta readers before going to final. It was the first time I had done that and it was a great experience. Half of my beta readers were closer friends, the other half were friends of friends. Two were men, one was a lesbian, and one was bisexual so I feel that I got a good cross-section of who my readers might potentially be.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Each time I sit down to write and work on a scene, it requires the appropriate soundtrack so that I can visualize it in my head and experience it in some way. It helps with my first person present tense voice. I usually pick one song, and put it on repeat, or sometimes I create a play list with a few songs and put that on repeat. The songs vary, but my latest was Needed Me by Rihanna.

Do you have a milestone birthday coming up? If so, how are you approaching it?

I am turning 40 on September 26th. It feels like much more a milestone than any other birthday. I was really hoping to run away somewhere exotic for like…a month, but I am in the midst of a crazy airport project that is sucking much of my work week and this dream vacation will be impossible. In lieu of this, I came across a fun Roaring-20s-themed picnic-in-the-park party happening in one of Los Angeles’ iconic spots, Griffith Park. Now, to get 20 friends to dress up and join me for some croquet and live jazz…

When's the last time you played that musical instrument?

I grew up learning, playing, and eventually teaching classical piano. I love classical music and I dream of one day having a house that is large enough for a baby grande piano. It has been years since I played on a real piano, and the electronic keyboard in my office is just not the same.

Tell us about your next release.

I am currently working on an erotic novella called, Hard Trigger. It’s a story about an assassin that is having a love affair with the son of a rival Mexican cartel only to discover he’s on her hit list.



The Need
by S.L. Hannah


GENRE: erotic thriller

BLURB:

Stood up by her boyfriend, she goes home with a woman…

Straight-laced coed Angie has never felt daring enough to…experiment. Until tonight. The skin around Heather’s lips is soft, unlike the stubble Erik lets grow in, and the night unfolds like an erotic dream, tapping into an unexplored part of Angie’s body and mind.

But Heather’s seduction turns into a nightmare when Angie wakes up tied to the bed and is told she can’t leave. Alternately seduced and tormented by her lover-turned-captor, Angie is pulled ever deeper into a twisted world of pain-for-pleasure and multimedia exploits. As the stakes rise, both women give into a desire for connections neither has had, and Angie’s struggle to escape becomes a bigger dilemma: Would she leave if she could?

Winner of the Golden Palm Contest for New Adult Romance, this erotic thriller dares to explore the darker side of our fantasies and their sometimes unintended consequences.


EXCERPT


Her chest sinks into mine, making it hard to breathe. “You came home with me for a reason, Angie. You wanted to learn something about yourself. I don’t have to make up some exorbitant lie to make you stay. You want to stay.” She loosens her grip around my wrists. “You know that craving you felt, and the anticipation, and then when I finally touched you…” Her fingers drag slowly down my arms and sides. “And let you unleash…” She grabs firmly onto my hips. “You know that was just the tip of the iceberg and there’s so much more for us to explore.”

Flashes of the last forty-eight hours replay in my mind. Watching her dance, the thrill of letting loose with her, the incredible orgasm. But then she tied me to her bed, and those prophetic photos, and the taser…

“You drugged me. And hurt me—”

“How do you think we learn about ourselves, Angie? By being comfortable and not pushing our boundaries? By always feeling safe?” Her lips pause at my chin and the smell of coffee is heavy on her breath. “You want to go home? Believe his excuses and go back to status quo? That’s always going to be there for you. But this, and me…if you walk away now, you may regret it forever. What’s a couple more days?”

I go limp under her. My emotions completely torn. How can I trust a woman who has threatened my life? And yet there’s truth in her words.


AUTHOR Bio and Links:


S.L. Hannah was born in Poland, grew up in Canada, and moved to Southern California to pursue her love of single-engine airplanes. The Need is her first erotic thriller. The manuscript won the 2013 Florida Romance Writers Golden Palm Contest for New Adult Romance, and is an adaptation of a screenplay about a woman struggling to free herself from her lover’s physical and emotional binds. Buzz about the break-out novel calls it “one powerful piece of writing…creepy as hell.” S.L. Hannah lives in Los Angeles, CA. When she’s not writing fiction, she continues to solve the aviation problems of the world.

Links:
Buy Links:


GIVEAWAY

S.L. Hannah will be awarding one commenter a paperback copy of The Need (U.S./Canada only for book) and one commenter a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I've really enjoyed following the tour for The Need. It's been fun reading the excerpts and interviews along the way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the interview, Laurie! It's been a fun summer blog tour, xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed the tour. The book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blog tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete