Monday, September 7, 2015

Sidhe - The Incubus Saga: Book 3 by Amanda Meuwissen @MissSuperCube @ @goddessfish




Sidhe - The Incubus Saga: Book 3
by Amanda Meuwissen 


BLURB:

Nathan Grier returns from the Veil a changed man. The consequences of his time with Malak, the dark sidhe king, and the deal made to free him may be more than he can bear. The weakening of the Veil and new enemies foretell of a greater battle still ahead. With Nathan’s brother Jim now an Awakened changeling, and Nathan’s role in Malak’s plans finally revealed, Nathan’s love for fae hunter and incubus, Sasha Kelly, may not be enough to save him after all.


EXCERPT

“Your scope is so small, Nathan.” Malak shook her head in disappointment, a hand snaking down Nathan’s chest. “You think you know something of the bigger picture, but you always count yourself out, or give yourself such a small role to play.  Jim is merely an important aspect to the grand scheme.  Don’t you understand yet?  You’re the prize, not a consolation.”

The pressure increased, making Nathan’s breaths come short and gasping as he grew less and less able to struggle.  “What are you talking about? Jim…he’s the one with the powers.  He’s the changeling.”

“Ah, yes, the chosen changeling to bring down the Veil,” Malak said mockingly, chuckling to herself. “I couldn’t be certain when the right children would be born, you see, I only knew that one of them would be a changeling.  Why do you think we take every changeling into the Veil, Nathan? I had to be certain when I found my prize. But the key to knowing Jim was the one…was you.  When I found you, when you made that deal to bring your brother home, you stood out like a beacon and I knew it was finally time.”

A shock jolted through Nathan’s body, but it didn’t make sense. Why did he matter? There was nothing special about him.

“There you go again, Nathan, counting yourself so unworthy,” Malak said like a reprimand, as she allowed her straying hand to touch the bare skin on Nathan’s belly where his shirt had hitched up. “It was always going to be you, Nathan.  I was waiting for you.  It had to be a worthy match, a worthy pair, for everything to fall into place.  How fitting for it to be brothers.  I couldn’t have planned it more perfectly.”

Nathan didn’t want to hear this, all this preordained, you did everything just like we wanted bullshit.  He was in control of his own life.  That’s why he left.  “But why? What is it about me that is so damn important? Jim—”

“Jim has the powers,” Malak sighed, “yes.  As an Awakened changeling, he can control sidhe and humans alike and is immune to most ways either side might try to kill him.  The perfect General to be at our right hand.  But not a king.  To have true power…you have to choose it for yourself.”



Books 1 & 2 in this series:





CHARACTER INTERVIEW
Nathan Grier from The Incubus Saga



Hi Nathan!  Wow!  It's a special treat to have you visit! Thanks for coming and agreeing to this Q&A.   Who is your favorite author?

Kurt Vonnegut. Don’t look at me like that. I know I might not seem the bookish type—that’s usually my brother’s job—but just because I didn’t finish school doesn’t mean I’m an illiterate idiot. “Harrison Bergeron” is the best short story of all time, in my opinion. Always gets me thinking. Funny and brutally honest tends to be how I look at life too, so I appreciate Vonnegut’s approach. He is bad ass.

Tell us about your family.

Not much to tell anymore. Just me and Jim, my brother. We’re twins, but not identical, and don’t think he doesn’t always lord it over me that he’s older by a couple minutes. Our parents were killed when we were twelve. Been on the run ever since. Never knew any extended family. Seemed our parents were on the run too. But me and Jim…well, he’s my whole life, I won’t try and hide that. He drives me crazy sometimes, always nitpicking and getting on my case when I’m too reckless, but hell, usually he’s the reckless one. Trading my life for his wasn’t even a question. And now, well…I suppose I have to count Alex and Sasha too. Alex has been a friend for a long time, practically a sister anyway, and Sasha…well, calling him my boyfriend always seems so weird to me, but hell, I’ve told him I love him, and I do. If that’s not family, I don’t know what is.

What was the scariest moment of your life?

Jim and I were there when our mother died. Dad was already dead, we were just kids, and it all felt like some awful nightmare, right up until the moment when Mom pushed us into that closet and distracted the seal Gabriel so we could escape. I watched him kill her, watched some asshole kill my mother just because he wanted to get at my brother for being what he is. I’ve hated fae a lot in my life, but that night definitely made me hate humans just as much. Just because Jim is a changeling doesn’t mean things had to turn out the way they did.

What songs are most played on your Ipod?

I don’t have an iPod, but Jim puts music on my phone for me if I bug him. I’m a hard rock classic metal kind of guy. The show tunes and Sinatra, well…that just means my tastes are even better than you first thought. If I could get a recording of Sasha singing something though…damn, I’d listen to just that nonstop for a while, I’m sure. His voice always hits me hard.

What is your favorite meal?

BBQ. Hell, I don’t care what kind, but how about ribs or slow roasted pork covered in BBQ sauce, with cornbread, sweet corn, and a really good coleslaw. I’m a sucker for hearty home cooking. Probably even more so because I rarely get it.

What do you do to unwind and relax?

Doesn’t happen often, but relaxing with Sasha, Jim, and any of the others around us at the time for a good flick would always be my first choice. Theaters are fine, but I think these days I prefer a sofa or hotel bed with a tiny TV and some old monster movie playing. I also love classic comedies like Airplane. Add in a good beer or hard drink and I’m set. Of course there are somewhat less relaxing things that could follow a night in that, ah…I won’t go into for decency’s sake.

What would we find under your bed?

I hate guns, but probably a shotgun these days. I prefer my knife, though usually that’s kept under my pillow. Though I suppose you might also find a little fluff chimera named Wally. She sort of looks like Gizmo from Gremlins if he was covered head to toe in grey fur like a tabby cat. She’s a doll, I love the little fuzzball, but she tends to hide in the room when Sasha and I are getting frisky, and that just creeps me out.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?


I’m terrified of heights. I can admit it! Heights suck. The people close to me know, and don’t think Sasha hasn’t tried to cure me by snatching me up to fly in his arms on occasion, but that stomach flipping sensation just kills me. Maybe I’ll get it over it someday. Being in Sasha’s arms ain’t so bad, but when I turn out to look at the view, the fear always catches up to me.




AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Amanda Meuwissen is the author of The Incubus Saga and The Collector. Amanda also serves as COO and Managing Editor for BigWorldNetwork.com. She oversees editing and series selection, and is featured as a narrator for several BWN series. Amanda lives in Minneapolis, MN, with her husband, John, and their cats, Helga and Sasha (no connection to the incubus of the same name).





Social media and website links:

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00IASVAJO  (Author Amazon Page with all buy links)
http://bigworldnetwork.com/site/series/incubus  (Series at BigWorldNetwork)
https://www.facebook.com/TheIncubusSaga  (Series Facebook Fan Page)


GIVEAWAY

Amanda will be awarding eBook copies of all three books in the series to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn host.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting me stop by! The chance to do a character interview is such a treat (I know Nathan enjoyed the attention). I hope some lucky readers enjoy this chance to potentially get the series after this tour I am so excited about, and thanks again for being one of my very first stops!

    ReplyDelete