What are 5 weird things about you?
- For the record, I’m an odd ball, that’s for sure ;) So, let’s begin. *clears throat*
- 1. I’m a little bit OCD when it comes to certain things. For example, I have to make my bed the EXACT same way every single morning, starting with one side and then moving to the other. If I don’t, I automatically think that it will be the cause of a bad day, so I redo it until it’s right. Also with door locks… I lock it and then try and jangle the knob to make sure it IS locked, and then I unlock it and lock it back, just in case it loosened by me jingling it the first time. Haha I told you, I was nuts.
- 2. I call my writing area my “Hobbit Hole.” I am a massive Lord of the Rings fan so I always make references to it. I even call my1st book “my preccciiiousss.” A fun fact about me, just because I’m random, I listen to movie score soundtracks when I write, and it consists of music from Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Harry Potter.
- 3. Some people might think of this as weird, but I just think of it as being unique. I am a major introvert and have never been a sparkly social butterfly. On a Friday night, you can find me reading a book, writing one, or watching a movie. Keep in mind that I’m 23 years old haha most people my age just want to party and cause mischief.
- 4. I go to the Renaissance Festival every year. It’s awesome. I really love that time period J I try and dress in costume when I go, but I haven’t been able to afford a full costume yet. Also, because of my love for all things Renaissance, I’m plotting possible book ideas that take place in that period. All still M/M romance, of course. But sshh, don’t tell anyone ;)
- 5. I’m Christmas obsessed. Yes, I’m one of THOSE people. The people who participate in premature Christmas decorating. Right after Halloween, my best friend/roommate and I put up our Christmas tree. The way I see it, if you wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate, that only gives you about a month to enjoy the decorations haha If I could move somewhere that was Christmas season all year long, I would.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: Michael’s Awakening
Author: Jaclyn Osborn
Published: June 16th, 2015
Publisher: Encompass Ink
Genre: MM Romance
Content Warning: Explicit sexual content, graphic violence
Recommended Age: 18+
Synopsis: One moment. That’s all it takes for life as you once knew it to change irrevocably. For Michael Kingston, that moment was when he first laid eyes on Gabriel. In his life, Michael had only known darkness, leaving behind a broken shell of a man. Unspeakable memories of his childhood constantly plagued him, causing him to disconnect emotionally from the world. No one had ever shown him love; therefore, he believed that he was unworthy of it. And then everything changed.
Gabriel Greyson had always been different. Growing up in a small, Bible-thumping town, his preferences for men, makeup, and fashion made him an outcast. But, with the support and love of his family, he overcame obstacles thrown his way and rose above the intolerance. He danced to the beat of his own glammed-out drum and refused to believe that he was anything other than ultra-fabulous. Working as a beautician, he had a job he adored and felt that everything was perfect in his life. Everything except for true love.
When these two men meet, sparks fly. For the first time in Michael’s life, he feels he can overcome the darkness inside him. Gabriel gives him hope and slowly brings him out of the shadows, showing him that even the darkest souls can be redeemed. But there are secrets that Michael keeps locked away. Michael’s fear is that Gabriel will turn away when he discovers the truth. After all, who could ever love a beast?
Excerpt from Michael’s Awakening by Jaclyn Osborn:
Gabriel's lips were like that metaphorical cliff that appeared in our minds when we were faced with a decision that would ultimately alter our lives, a decision that would forever change who we are. I suspected from the beginning that he possessed a power that would tie me to him forever if I were to get too close.
His beauty and grace had first caught my eye, but now his inner fire had scorched my soul. If I were to claim Gabriel's lips with mine, I would never be the same again.
About the Author:
Jaclyn Osborn was born and raised in the state of Arkansas. When not working her day job, she spends her days writing, reading, and having epic Lord of the Rings movie marathons. All types of genres interest her in the MM world and she hopes to delve into a few of them in her writing career.
There is a tour wide giveaway. Prizes include the following:
- Michael's Awakening Swag Pack (US)
- 2 x Michael's Awakening ebooks via Amazon (Int)