Monday, January 5, 2015

Jenna's Consent by Jennifer Kacey: Interview with Excerpt

 




INTERVIEW

Welcome!  Thank you for stopping by and answering a few questions.  Where do you dream of traveling to and why?

-       Paris. I want to go to Paris for 2 weeks. I want to stay in a bed and breakfast or small hotel and go where the local people go. I want to drink coffee and eat a French pastry in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. I want to write in a little café and know when I go back and read whatever book that is - I wrote it in Paris. How cool would that be?!? I want to hear everyone speak French and not remember what they’re saying. I want to sit in the sun and absorb the warmth and know I’ll get to take that with me everywhere I go from that moment on. I want to go with someone I love to share it with. That is where I dream of traveling to.

-       Why? I have no idea. But I’ll do it one of these days!


Does travel play in the writing of your books?

-       Not at all actually. I like writing in one setting so the characters and their story can be the focus. I do love short car trips in books though. They’re normally completely full of tension. And I LOVE tension.


Tell us about your current release.

-       Jenna’s Consent and Nico’s Curse are my latest releases. About a month apart. Jenna’s Consent is the next installment in the Members Only series. Laila’s Lies is actually set after this one. They were published out of order. Very meh, but it happens sometimes in this digital world!

-       I couldn’t wait to share Jenna’s story. It’s personal to me. It’s a journey of finding yourself and loving yourself and knowing you don’t have to hide who you are. That there are people in the world that will love you and cherish you and put you up on their shoulders so you can shine for all to see. That’s an amazing lesson to learn.

-       And she gets to have AMAZING kinky sex throughout her journey. What could possibly be better than that?!?

-       Nico’s Curse is my first toe dipping into paranormal. LOVED IT!!!! It won’t be my last.

-       Oh and Laila’s Lies? The custom made collar that’s one of my prizes for this tour was made specifically for that book. Love having something to share that’s REAL and from the series! So hot!!


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

-       I still have a Bruce Wayne job. One that I love actually. Can’t imagine quitting. Love the people I work with and our customers and working on something for so long and seeing it explode with success is amazing. So that means I still work 50 hr weeks for that job. My commute is 30 min in the morning and 30 min at night so that kills an hr of time I could be writing. Sucks but it is what it is. So I write at night when I put my son to bed. Try to start by 9:30 but some days I don’t get started until 10:30. Write until 12:30 or 1:30 depending on day of the week, what I’m writing and the all important DEADLINE!!! On weekends I try to write 5 hours or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less but that’s pretty much what I plan for. And I try to write 1000 words an hour. Which is a pace that works for me.


What is the hardest part of writing your books?

-       Having to stop writing when I get tired. ESPECIALLY when the story is there, as if it’s a movie playing in my head.  What? I have to stop!?!?!  That’s so hard. Kind of wish I could still write when I was asleep. That would be epic!


Where do you research for your books?

-       Wouldn’t you like to know….


Who are your books published with?

-       Ellora’s Cave / soon to be Samhain – YEAAA!! – and I do self-publishing as well for things in boxed-sets!


Plotter or Pantser? Why?

-       Plotter plotter plotter. I need a plan. A map in my head so I know where the story is heading. In my head it’s almost like a to-do list or a grocery list. Need to know what to do, where to go, how much to get. For Jenna’s Consent my outline was 50 pages long. I kid you not. It was ginormous and that’s why the book ended up being so freaking long.

I think it’s also really important when it comes to writing a series. This series is going to be 14 or 15 books long when I’m done with it. That’s a lot of people and places and happenings to keep  straight. So having spreadsheets and outlines is the only way to go for me!



Jenna's Consent

by Jennifer Kacey

 


BLURB:
Members Only, Book Six

Every night Jenna spends hours preparing submissives for their Doms at The Library. She encourages them, reassures them as they take a step into the forbidden and urges them never to settle. But when it comes to her own journey, she’s spent years hiding, trapped within the steel cage of her corsets. She can’t hide any longer.

Nick has wanted her since the moment he laid eyes on her but she’s always told him no. Until now. She agrees to be his submissive for a night but he wants more…much more. He unwittingly brings in the one man Jenna never stopped loving and, on the cusp of everything’s he’s ever wanted, he’s not the only one fighting for her heart.

Ian can’t forget her…his Jenna. He walked away years ago, but not this time. This time he’ll settle for nothing but her complete submission.

Three people unable to let go of the past must learn that love—above all else—is worth fighting for.
 

EXCERPT
 
“You kept your hair short. For me. Good girl.”

She didn’t answer. She couldn’t.

Four years she’d waited to hear him call her that again.

He’d given the words to her when they were together. She’d become addicted to hearing them, knowing he thought she was good enough. His girl.

And then when he left—nothing.

Emotions swamped her.

Words were too complicated for her—and not complicated enough. And she knew he didn’t need an answer.

He had loved her hair when it was long but when she’d cut it, he’d used her so hard, suspended in rope, that she’d worn his marks for weeks.

“You don’t have to braid it or wrap it up like you’re hiding one of my favorite toys. I can still grab it.”

He fisted it harder and she curled her fingers and toes, trying desperately to keep some part of herself aloof from him.

“So damn sexy.”

Ian was a sadistic bastard. He liked to bring pain. He wanted to see his girl suffer for him. Not because she liked it but because she didn’t and she still did it—for him.

Knowing that made his charming side so much harder to take.

Compliments and sweet gestures offered in his same no-nonsense style, but were that much more affective in their sincere simplicity.

“Keep still.”

Her mental discipline for following his commands was sluggish but the rest of her sure as hell remembered what to do. Jenna crossed her ankles and clasped her hands together, tightening her body as best she could.

He whipped the knife blade back and forth across her skin. Slow—quick, quick, slow—quick, quick, as if it were a waltz.

 


AUTHOR Bio and Links: 

Jennifer Kacey is a mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.

 


Blog – The Decadent Divas - http://www.thedecadentdivas.blogspot.com/





 

The books in the Members Only Series can be found here...









Jenna’s Consent

 

Stand Alone



Nico’s Curse




 

 

 

GIVEAWAY

 

Jennifer Kacey will be awarding a custom collar and promo pack, along with a print copy of the 2014 BDSM Anthology from the BDSM Writer's Convention authors and promo pack (US only) to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a promo pack (US only) to a randomly drawn host.
 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments: