Friday, January 30, 2015
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Monday, January 26, 2015
Friday, January 23, 2015
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Monday, January 19, 2015
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Friday, January 16, 2015
TEN GEEKY THINGS ABOUT CHRISTINE RAINS
By Christine Rains
1. I'm an avid gamer. Games of any sort, I'll play them. I have a closet full of board games, three bookshelves of role-playing game books, and all the video game consoles. No, there's not much room left in the house for anything else. When we had our son, we had to do a ton of rearranging to make sure he had his own space. To this day, I don't know if my husband wept because he was so happy to have a child or because the gaming room was turned into a nursery.
2. I know all the words to Once More, With Feeling (Buffy the Vampire Slayer's musical episode). Joss Whedon is one of my idols. If any of my books get made into a movie or TV show, I want him to write and direct.
3. I have TARDIS lights decorating my desk. They were meant for the Christmas tree, but they're so cool, they're staying up all year round. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan. David Tennant is my Doctor. Who's yours?
4. I love dice. The way they feel in your hand and the sound they make when you roll them. The more unusual the dice, the better. I strangest set of dice I own is made from iron. Be careful not to drop those ones on your toes!
5. I have a major crush on Nathan Fillion. If there was a more perfect guy for geeky women, I haven't seen him. Put him in a brown trench coat and I turn to mush.
6. My husband, son, and I all own superhero jackets. My husband is Deadpool, my son is Batman, and I'm Batgirl. This is how I want us to dress for our next family portrait.
7. When I eat M&Ms, I like to sort them by color and then eat the color first that suits my mood. Brown is for creative and clever, yellow for lazy, red for snippy, blue for groovy, and green for sexy. Feeding anyone else a certain color to change their mood does not work, unfortunately.
8. I have four degrees. None of which I'm using at the moment because I'm a stay-at-home mom and writer. If I could afford to do so, I'd be a professional student.
9. Severus Snape stares down at me from the top of my bulletin board. He makes sure I keep working and keeps the games to a minimum. Except his billowing robes and deep, mellifluous voice are quite the distractions. Maybe he'll keep me after class for detention.
10. I wrote the Dice & Debauchery series because I wanted to read more romance and erotica about real geeks. Geeks can be sexy too.
Loose Corset (Dice & Debauchery, Book #1)
by Christine Rains
Dice and Debauchery, Book 1
A weekend away at a convention is exactly what overworked student Morgan needs. Dressed as her character from her favorite online game, Morgan is braced—seriously, could her corset be tighter?—to meet the other players. As Lady Gyrfalcon, she’s ready for everything—except her intense attraction to Dean. A clandestine meeting in the hallway of the hotel and Morgan’s corset is looser but now she can’t breathe for entirely different reasons.
Utterly charmed, Morgan decides to roll the dice and indulge in a fantasy-worthy weekend of sexy roleplaying, scorching sex and life-altering orgasms. Still, through it all Morgan is too smart to believe the chemistry constantly stripping her of costumes and control can last more than the length of the convention. But if she wants to keep a relationship so intense she thought it only existed in fiction, she’s going to have to let go of her cool-headed logic and allow herself to fall far and fast for the perfect guy.
Geek girl problem #44: You have no will power to resist a guy who looks like one of your literary crushes.
When I got back to the hotel and the elevator opened on my floor, I felt better than I had all day. I was smiling as I turned the corner toward my room and nearly tripped over my feet when I spotted Dean standing beside the room door.
Leaning against the wall, he had one black-booted foot against it. His jeans were frayed at the knees and his black t-shirt featured a Harry Potter quote that was quite appropriate for what had happened last night. He could be a young Sirius Black. Desire shot through my body.
Frak! No, no, no.
How did he know where I was staying? And why was he here and not playing D&D with the others?
I wanted to flee. My heart pounded against my ribcage. I forced herself to walk toward him. I just had to be polite and state how tired I was. If he was any bit a gentleman, he’d leave me be.
Dean turned his head and smiled. “Hi.”
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood but make her a great Jeopardy player. As an avid gamer, she's either going on adventures with her son or rolling dice with friends. Christine is a proud member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. She has several short stories and novellas published. “Loose Corset” is the first book of her geeky and hilarious Dice & Debauchery series.
10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to one randomly selected winner during the tour and a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to one randomly selected host.a Rafflecopter giveaway