Monday, November 3, 2014

The Bannockburn Spell by Nancy Adams: Spotlight with Excerpt

 






The Bannockburn Spell

by Nancy Adams

 

 

 

BLURB:

 

With the help of a bet, an eight-hundred-year-old marriage contract, and a spell, ex-SBS soldier Will might just have enough in his arsenal to capture Meghan’s heart.

 

Since arriving in Little Glen, Scotland, Meghan Kennedy’s life has got decidedly more interesting. She enters into a bet with hunky ex-SBS soldier, William MacKenzie, discovers an ancient marriage contract and to top it all off, she learns that she had a spell cast on her…eight hundred years before she was even born. None of it matters, because she refuses to make the same mistake twice. Will’s hard body and sexy grin don’t matter, his beautiful hypnotic eyes don’t matter, and it doesn’t matter that every time they kiss her body calls out for his, as though denied of his touch for hundreds of years.

 

Ex-SBS soldier William MacKenzie is disciplined, trained to be an efficient soldier and he takes the same approach with his life as he does his business. Then Meghan arrives, with her fiery temper and hair to match, all he can think about is Meghan. Her feisty temper bemuses him, her beauty astounds him and her stubbornness annoys the hell out of him. Lucky for him, he doesn’t know how to quit, he can be just as stubborn and occasionally ruthless, and he will use any means necessary to get her. Of course the ‘means’ at his disposal just happen to be a bet, a marriage contract and an ancient spell, but if in the end Meghan belongs to him, who is he to argue?

 

EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT

 

“I can’t believe I let you talk me into this.”            

“Stop bitching. It’s not going to hurt you to take a vacation.”            

“Vacation!” Meghan snorted into the phone. “You call getting chased out of my home, my work and my country a vacation?”

Ryan laughed into the phone.            

She loved to hear him laugh and it wasn’t because he was her little brother, but because his laugh always made her smile.            

“This was the easiest way. Now I can hunt that prick down and not have to worry about you in the process. Besides location, what else is going to change? You’ll be with family, Dad is just a younger version of Duncan and as long as you have your laptop you can work anywhere. On top of that, it can be a vacation.”            

“I’ll miss shopping and my friends.” She pouted. “I’ll miss shopping with my friends. Who am I kidding. I’ll just miss the shopping.”            

Ryan chuckled. “Your friends want this as much as I do and I’m sure you’ll get your chance to hit the stores over there.” There was a brief pause. “Duncan is excited to see you. It’s been a long time since you’ve seen him.”            

“Same amount of time as you.” She bumped into a man who stopped in front of her. She mouthed a ‘sorry’ and continued to search for her flight’s luggage carousel.
        

“I know. But I can’t get away right now. I have to reopen my case on your ex.”
          

“I’m sorry, Ryan.” She bumped someone else. This time it was a woman from her flight, the one with the little boy who had kept giggling at a movie she had put on for him. She smiled her apology and worked her way around to the far side of the carousel where only a few people stood waiting. “I never thought Rob would come out of jail ready to hunt me down.”
          

“I know.” Ryan sighed. “I didn’t mean anything by it. Hey, I’ve got a long list of people that want you to email them once you’re settled. Number one being Mum.”

 “I will,” she promised.

       
“Listen, I have to catch my Captain before he leaves so I can fill him in. When I have something I’ll email.”

           

“Okay.” She rubbed her temple. “God, I sound so pathetic,” she mumbled into the phone. It wasn’t like she wasn’t going to see him again. This relocation was only temporary.
         

“Aww! I’ll miss you too, big sis,” Ryan teased.
          

“Shut up!” she mumbled jokingly, ending the call with Ryan laughing on the other end.

 
 

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

 


I am a full-blooded Canadian, right down to the maple syrup running through my veins. I enjoy watching hockey, but despise skating...and the cold.  I enjoy a good helping of Tourtiere with a side of Poutine as must as the next person, yet I am only bilingual when it comes to swear words.  I am proud to say I survived my token shot of Newfie Screech, although I did refuse to kiss the Cod - that is never going to happen - and I openly admit, that I fell in love with the Rocky Mountains the first time I saw them.

 

I have many occupations written down in my passport, mom, wife, author...zookeeper!  However, I have to say that writing is by far the easiest part of my day.

 

I have three small -but legal- addictions: bed lines, lavender, and books.  All of which, are replenished on a regular basis.  Reading into the wee hours of the morning, is one of many bad habits, next to spontaneously rearranging furniture and randomly painting rooms in my house.

 

Author Contact links 







  

Buy Links

 


 

 

 

GIVEAWAY

Nancy will be awarding $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC plus an ecopy of The Bannockburn Spell to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

 


 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Again Nancy! Wow you've got a lot going on! So...how does writing a historical romance really differ from contemporary romance...aside from the obvious lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andra!
      I always seem to have lots going on especially this time of year. But that's just the way I like it.

      Hmm...the difference between Historical and Contemporary...Clothes! And food. Can you image Queen Victoria strolling through her palace with a Mocha Latte and Pumpkin donut. LOL

      Delete
  2. HI!
    Thanks so much for having me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a sexy reading. Nice excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the excerpt.

    Thank you for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete