Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pitch Imperfect by Elise Alden: Interview


 



INTERVIEW
 


Do you write about what turns you on?
 
Hunky heroes light my switch, so yes, I write what turns me on that sense. But for intimate or sexual scenes I write what turns on my characters. Some of them have kinks and some of them are straight-forward. A few of my characters’ sexy antics in the bedroom have surprised me, and I’ve also blushed, chuckled and wondered what the hell is going on in my head. Some characters require a bit of rough and tumble, and others are slow, seductive types. Whatever the storyline, I write what’s right for my heroes and heroines, and their personalities.
 
Do you listen to music when you're writing?
 
Always. For each book I write I compile a playlist that puts me into a particular mood and helps me to feel in tune with those characters and that setting. Sometimes the same song features on the playlist more than once, but usually there are 20 – 25 songs, including a few instrumental pieces. As soon as I sit down to write I start my playlist and I am instantly in that world I’ve created. I’ve found that this helps me enormously when it’s time for the editing rounds. Take for example, Pitch Imperfect. I submitted this novel and received an offer of publication months later. However, I only received my first round of edits four months after that, and in the interim I’d written something else. Having my Pitch Imperfect playlist helped me to remember what it feels like to write Anjuli and Rob’s story. It was an immediate, audible reminder that switched me back into that fictitious world.
 
What is the first curse word that comes to mind?  How often and why do you use it?
 
Oh dear. I hope none of my in-laws are reading this! The first curse word that comes to my mind is the big ‘F’. This, because I hate the image that ‘shit’ evokes. Eew. Worse, in a way, is ‘crap’. Yuck, right? ‘Fuck’ might be crude and vulgar, but in my view it is the best swear word in the English language, with many permutations. Oh, the imagery…   I use it when I’m between angry and furious, just before I break out into swearing in Spanish, in which case my favourite swear word is: verrrrrrrrrrga! The rolled ‘r’s are my own, but saying ‘cunt’  that way, in Spanish, is immensely satisfying when I’m livid.
 
How would you spend ten thousand bucks?
 
I would use half of it to buy art—either a painting I liked, a sculpture that mesmerized me, or something vibrant and pretty that would inspire me to be a better person. The other half I would donate to UK charity, Antenatal Results and Choices. This charity is close to my heart, and which helps parents facing tough decisions after their babies are diagnosed with fatal abnormalities during pregnancy. In fact, my author royalties for Pitch Imperfect are being donated to ARC UK, and I’m so hoping the book will make decent money for them. They need it.

 
 
 
 
 
Pitch Imperfect

by Elise Alden

 

 

BLURB:

 

Once-famous singer Anjuli Carver has returned to tiny Heaverlock Village alone and nearly broke. She’s poured every last penny into a rambling Victorian manor, hoping to start over. Trouble is, her money pit is falling to pieces and the only restoration architect for miles is Rob Douglas…her ex-fianc√©.

 

For eight years, Rob has regretted not telling Anjuli why he never answered her letters. Being left at the altar broke his heart, but being used for sex one night in London after the fact nearly drove him to the edge of sanity, and he’ll be damned if he allows Anjuli to wreak havoc on his life again. He’ll restore her manor, all right, and give her taste of her own medicine while he’s at it.

 

But how long can revenge last when memories of their shared past keep rushing to the surface?

 

Soon, Rob wants answers. Why did Anjuli leave the international spotlight to become a recluse in the Scottish Borderlands? And why does she refuse to sing? Anjuli wants nothing more than to be left alone with her grief, even as she struggles to keep her sexy fantasies about Rob in check. With gossipy villagers, interfering friends and more secrets between them than notes on a scale, Anjuli and Rob will need to find forgiveness in order to work together, then decide if they’re willing to risk it all on an encore performance.

 

Book purchase links:

 

Amazon    Amazon UK  B&N    Kobo

 

 

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Elise reads, writes and revels in romance, and is never happier than when caught up in a heart-thumping, sweat-your-socks-off tale—hers or somebody else’s. She loves creating stories about flawed characters, people for whom love isn’t simply a question of boy-meets-girl, but a gut wrenching journey of transformation.

 

Author links:

 

To find out more about Elise and her books, check out her website www.elisealden.com . Drop by and say hello  on https://www.facebook.com/Revellin.Romance or tweet to her @elise_alden

 

Book purchase links:

 

Amazon    Amazon UK  B&N    Kobo

 

 


 

GIVEAWAY

• One randomly chosen winner via rafflecopter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card.

• One randomly chosen host will receive a $25 Amazon/BN.com gift card.

 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments: