Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Girl Upstairs by Maree Caleste: Guest Post

 







TITLE:  The Girl Upstairs

AUTHOR: Maree Caleste

RELEASE DATE: March 2014

GENRE: Gothic Erotica 

 

SYNOPSIS: Michael is an average, unassuming sort of fellow no one would especially take any notice of. He works hard at his dead-end office job and goes home alone to a shared house filled with eccentric oddities all of whom have far more exciting lives than him. Each night he is forced to listen to the passionate, tumultuous and often thunderous exploits of the girl upstairs.

 

Crystal lives directly above Michael. She is a Gothic vixen; a nymphomaniac. She is quite possibly the most incredible girl he has ever seen and he ‘fancies the pants off her’, except Crystal seems oblivious to Michael and his lustrous desires. Michael cannot escape her sordid escapades and is often close enough to hear every groan and whimper. But if he can’t have her is it enough to hear her ‘being had’?

 

BUY LINKS

 

US  UK  IN  JP  AU  BR  CA

 

GUEST POST 


A Day in the Life of Maree Caleste


 
As much as I would love to sit here and tell you that I wake up awash with writing ideas from a plethora of vibrant dreams, each ready to smother blank pages until a book emerges like a phoenix rising, the truth is much, much less interesting. 
I’m a parent, I have two beautiful girls.  One is at school, the other not yet.  This means I get up groggily smacking my alarm clock until the welts bruise my hands.  If my girls haven’t already used my bed, with me in it, as a trampoline, I amble to their room like a zombie looking for brains and struggle to wrestle my oldest who sleeps on the top bunk (I’m only kidding a little). 
Next we’re putting the finishing touches to breakfast, washing and working out why she left her lunch box at school and what she can use today that doesn’t make me look like a candidate for Britain’s Scummiest Parents.  Then the trudge to school dragging the youngest by the hand whilst yelling at the oldest about road safety and, occasionally, stopping to smell the flowers on the way.
 
 Back home my youngest is now demanding my attention which, though I am willing to give it freely, often makes me feel as though I’m a dartboard and she’s the innumerable supply of darts.  If I’m super lucky she’ll go down for a nap, but those days are fast vanishing.  Before you know it, a couple of hours reading in peace if I can coerce her to her bedroom to play, or a stint of repeated children’s TV (I can literally quote every single episode of Peppa Pig off by heart) has passed, and I’m wrapping her up to go back to the school to pick up my oldest.
 
Once home, we wrestle with the same argument as to why I don’t want her wearing her uniform in the house (despite the fact that it would cut down my laundry pile exponentially if I let her keep it on) while I’m planning dinner.  If my family is lucky I’ll be partially inspired to concoct something that resembles edible food; otherwise it’s beans on toast again!
 
After a few hours in the evening where the dastardly duo have run amok, I’ve bathed them and bedded them for the night, and finally I can attempt to switch my brain off and back on again in the hope that something I have seen, heard, smelt or imagined during the day has leaked into the compartment of my brain that is reserved for writing.  Fortunately I’ve never suffered from writer’s block and once my cherubs are out for the count I can usually turn the tap on and have the imagination freely flow.
 
This is perhaps the hardest part of being a part time writer... stopping.  Once the house is quiet and my writing zone is waiting for me with open arms I can really get into the swing of things.  But I know I have to stop writing at a reasonable hour and get to bed because the Tasmanian devils will be up and at it again before long.
 
My advice to anyone wanting to be a writer, however, is not to feel you cannot write because of life’s daily distractions.  Rather seize the chance when the chance presents itself.  It is better to pen a hundred words a day than none.  If you manage to find a few hours in the evening and you’re not consumed by the drivel on the TV (like me, waaay too often), let your imagination run and be pleased with what you’ve done rather than what you could have done!
 


AUTHOR INFORMATION & LINKS 

 

Maree Caleste lives in the south of London, England, where she supplements her mundane working life with penning erotic stories and reading fantasy. She is as happy on the terraces of her favorite soccer team as she is being wined and dined in exotic, upmarket hotels in the city. She is happily married and enjoys snuggling on the couch with a good movie, a large glass of a wine and her cat Sheldon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment