1. When you start writing your novel, finish it no matter what your circumstances are. You owe it to yourself to see the project through to the end.
2. Decide whether if you want to self-publish or go with a traditional publishing house. It doesn’t matter which one you choose, you will still have the market the book yourself.
3. Save 10-25% of what you earn from your day job. Or, you can take out a loan up to $10,000 for self-publishing authors. If you have good credit, get a limit increase up to $10,000. It is not necessary to use the whole $10,000, but the money will give you a great financial boost toward your business. Use the money for business needs first before you even think about business wants.
4. Find a good editor. If you can’t find one locally, there are a few good websites that have editors on staff that will help you with your manuscript. (Ex: http://www.scribendi.com/)
5. Know your market. Nothing is worse than coming out with a book that nobody knows about or nobody in that market cares about. The author who knows their market will always appeal to that market.
6. Join your local Chamber of Commerce.
7. Create an author’s website or website for the book.
8. Think about having a book tour for your book. There are tons of companies that will organize a tour for you if you don’t have the patience to organize one yourself.
9. Self-published authors should save all receipts that are business related for tax purposes
10. Have a deadline for your novels.
11. Let everyone you know that you are coming out with a book with a professional business card.
12. Invest in writing workbooks to increase your writing chops (I highly recommend Writing with Stardust by Liam O’Flynn ).
13. Don’t be afraid to “go there” in your manuscript. Writers are daredevils. We say what others could say or express. Be proud and bold.
14. It’s ok to have a shitty first draft. At least the idea is on the paper. The hard part is over.
15. Join your local writers club.
16. Engage with fans through social media about your book.
17. Brainstorm about your book before writing your first draft.
18. Write every day ever if you are not writing your manuscript.
19. Don’t always look for the cheap route when you are investing into your book. Look for quality.
20. FINISH THE MANUSCRIPT!
About the Book
Genre: Erotic Romance/Erotica
Publisher: World Entanglement Publications LLC
Number of pages: 126
Word Count: About 33,000
Cover Artist: Ronnell D Porter
The spark of all dilemmas is lies and deception
Just what is love? Is it just a word people use for personal gain? Is it a verb that needs creativity expression in order to understand its full meaning? Or, is it just looking in the mirror?
For Chantrelle Hayfield, love is simplicity. But, she lives in Atlanta, a complex city full of surprises. Like her chiseled, tall, and chocolate next door neighbor, Rasheed Goodmen, who could be a new love interest? But, when her best friend, Ashley Leslie, comes out about her true feelings, will Chantrelle be able to handle the convoluted feelings of others even if that means losing her simplicity?
Chantrelle’s other friends Ariel Samson and Alexis Smith could be able to guide her? But, Ariel needs to learn to be a little selfish and Alexis has to stop scheming to get by. The underworld of Atlanta will test each of these women. Because behind the spark of every dilemma, is lies and deception. Who will be able to see clearly in order to avoid tragedy?
About the Author
Throughout Mr. Sokhna life, he searched for a purpose. At the age of eighteen, he went through some tough times. His girlfriend left him, his finances were not where they needed to be, his family was struggling to make ends meet, he lost his Hope scholarship, and was desperately trying to find out what was his purpose here on earth. The depression within him started to build and lead to an attempt of suicide.
With the love and support of his family and close friends, he slowly climbed back on his feet, but there was still one remaining problem. He still didn’t know what his purpose was, until he had a vision.
Something within him told him to write down his story. There was resistance, but he followed the hunch. Five thousand words turn into ten thousand. Then ten turned into twenty thousand. Then all of a sudden, twenty thousand words turned into over forty thousand words. He recognized that he found his true passion. It was something that will challenge him. It was something he was yearning for all his life. It was something he could call “his own” and that something was writing.
Mr. Sokhna purpose is to ignite the creativity within people and help them realize that life is much more than what meets the eye. He wants his readers to know that all that we ever done and all we will ever do in this world is just the tip of this iceberg of what could have been done in this life.
The Worst Dilemma Series is one of the three ways he likes to channel his talent to the world. Being able to create erotic content that makes people blush is not only pleasing to him, but it makes him more humble to evolve the craft of literature. Mr. Sokhna will continue to strive to bring more enticing content through The Worst Dilemma Series. A series that will shed light on some of the toughest situations people go through in life, with the added bonus of erotic content.
Tour Wide Giveaway
$50 Amazon gift card
Prize pack of The Worst Dilemma, an autographed t-shirt, and 1 jewelry set custom made from Candibugz
3 jewelry sets custom made from Candibugz
Open to US Shipping.