Monday, December 16, 2013

Toying With Temptation by Madison Martin : Guest Post








The Appeal of Category Romance

Hi and thanks so much for having me on your blog today.
I love category romance, but for a very long time I didn’t even know it existed. When I was growing up, my family read voraciously. We read children’s books, then young adult fiction, mysteries, non-fiction, and literary fiction, but no one in my family ever read romance. When I was in high school, a family friend gave me a bag of Julie Garwood books and I fell in love, devouring them from start to finish. All this time I’d been writing fiction, too, but I didn’t realize I was actually writing romance until I was in my mid-twenties and my friend who loved the genre clued me in. She loaned me some of her favorite books, and I realized I’d found where my writing fit in, and what my reading tastes were. As I did some exploring on my own, I discovered category romances, and they were a perfect fit for me.
I love the length of category romances, and the fact that I can finish a book in a few days, or in one sitting if I like. Each month there are fresh new books to explore. I like that there is a specific category for every mood and taste. I like knowing exactly where to go to find a story to fit every mood I’m in. It’s fun to pick up a book and know that you’ll get what the line promises, whether it’s sweet, sexy, suspenseful, historical, or paranormal. Within each category line there are endless possibilities, creative plots, intriguing setting, and endless and unique characters to fall in love with.  And at the heart of each story, no matter which line you choose, you are promised a happy ending. What could be better than that?
What about you? Do you like category romance, and if so, what are your favorite lines?


 



 
Blurb:
Driven, business savvy Hailey Burton, Vice President of Tryton Financial Institute, has been put in charge of running what could be her first ever failure: the company’s Christmas Eve toy drive. Toys and Christmas are beyond Hailey’s expertise, but when she's offered the chance for the promotion she's been waiting for if she succeeds, her competitive spirit kicks into high gear. When every company in Los Angeles turns her down, desperation leads her to Quinn Matheson. Ten years ago, Hailey chose a prosperous career over Quinn, but as she falls for him all over again, she can’t deny that they make a good team in business…and more. This second time around, is she finally ready to make the leap and become his partner in love?
Buy Links
Amazon  |  B and N  |  aRE

 
I've been writing for as long as I can remember...I still have my first "book" - scribbled in pencil in a 1-subject notebook in sixth grade. When my mom taught me how to type (on an electric typewriter!) there was no going back. I'm crazy about stories in every form - movies, novels, poems, songs, etc.  and love making up my own.
I live in the Washington, D.C. area and when I'm not writing I like exploring the sites, going for long walks, and listening to every bit of music I can get my ears on. But most of all I love writing stories...my goal is to make a reader's day a little lighter and brighter!

Author Links
 


 
 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog today, Behind Closed Doors! :)

    ReplyDelete